1. Next Sunday, September 3rd, we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10:00 am. University and School going students’ dedication service will be held next Sunday. Special offertory from students will be collected during this service.
Students who have graduated this year and are attending College/University this September are kindly requested to provide their names at the earliest to the Secretary via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mr. Deepak Sam at 647-336-2243 and attend the dedication service.
2. Harvest Festival Announcement
3. Parish Convention & Parish Day Announcement
As you are well aware, Mar Thoma worship in Canada commenced in 1972 under the leadership of the late Reverend Abraham Lincoln as permitted by our late Metropolitan The Most Reverend Dr. Juhanon Mar Thoma, whose vision and tireless efforts continue to inspire us to this day. This year, we are prayerfully preparing to celebrate our Parish Day along with the 51st anniversary of this momentous beginning.
The event is scheduled for Sunday, 17 September 2023, at The Trinity College Chapel, and will commence at 10:30 AM. We have planned a day filled with prayer, community engagement, and reflection on our journey thus far which we believe will not only strengthen our bonds but also inspire the younger generation.
We extend a warm invitation to the all our Parishioners especially the senior members who pioneered our historic beginnings in 1972. We earnestly urge everyone to be a part of this significant Holy Communion service.
Our Parish convention is scheduled from Thursday, September 21st to Saturday, September 23rd at our church, starting at 7:30 pm each day.
On Sunday, September 24th, our Parish Day Celebrations will be held at our church. Special guests will be invited during our Parish Day celebrations. During the parish Day Celebrations, we will also be honoring the senior members who were members of the Mar Thoma Community back since 1972.
As car parking facilities are sparse in and around Downtown Toronto travel arrangements can be made for a nominal fee for everyone who needs it to the Trinity College Chapel if you can send the names and number of passengers to the Parish Secretary by email email@example.com or by Text/WhatsApp on or before Sunday 10th September 2023.
Complimentary bus transportation will be provided from our church premises for senior members who were part of the Mar Thoma community in 1972.
More details will be announced in coming weeks.
4. Sunday school announcements
The registration for Sunday school academic year 2023-24 is open and the google form for registration is already shared through the church WhatsApp group and will also be shared through the weekly schedule email today. Registration fee is $20 that can be handed over to the class teacher. Sunday school classes will commence on 10th Sep at 9 am. Please register at the earliest .
Google Form link : https://forms.gle/MmAcJUgLYfdGarmB7
From Praveen Thomas, Sunday School Representative.
5. Fasting Prayer will be held on Wednesday, August 30th at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
6. Edavaka Mission Prayer Meeting
The Edavaka Mission's weekly Friday prayer meeting will be held online via Google Meet on September 1st at 8 pm.
7. Picnic thanks
By God’s grace, we were able to enjoy a time of fun and fellowship yesterday at our Annual Parish picnic. We enjoyed a full day of festivities at the Bruce’s Mill Conservation Park, starting with a homely breakfast, games for all ages, BBQ lunch, Thattukada with tea and lemonade stand, and ending with a lively Tug of War match and door prizes.
* We were able to provide a different experience for each picnic participant this time because of our generous sponsors. We are thankful to
Our Platinum Sponsors Soney Abraham & Soniya Abraham ,
Diamond Sponsors Mr. Alex Alexander, George Mathai and Kingsly Stanly.
We also extend our sincere thanks to our members who donated towards the picnic and sponsoring the door prizes.
We extend our sincere thanks to:
Roji Achen and family for their leadership and guidance,
* the parish office bearers and trustees for managing all logistics
* the food arrangements team for their many days of preparation to provide fresh food on site
* the Yuvajana Sakhyam for arranging the games and sports,
* the picnic committee members who dedicated the last 5 months towards ticket sales and planning
* to the parish executive committee members for your wholehearted support in organizing the picnic successfully and to every volunteer who stepped in to lend support yesterday.
Thank you to each parish member for joining this years picnic with their families, and contributing to a day of fellowship to end the summer of 2023 on a great note.
On behalf of the Picnic committee, Baiju Thomas, Picnic Coordinator.
8. Thanks to the Area-1 Prayer group members for providing assistance in Today’s service.
9. Thanks to Rev.Dr.Mathew M.Thomas, our former Vicar, for delivering the Word Of God.
*** Thank you all for attending today’s service and have a Blessed Week Ahead !!