1. Circular no:108 from Metropolitan regarding consecration of newly elected Episcopa’s.
2. Next Sunday, September 17th, we will have Holy Communion service in Malayalam at 10:30 am at Trinity College Chapel. Address : 6 Hoskin Ave, Toronto,M5S 1 H8.
This is a blessed moment as well as a historic occasion for all of us to come before the Lord to praise and worship ,to celebrate Holy Communion service at the same place from where our Journey as a Mar Thoma community in Canada began in 1970’s and later became The Canadian Mar Thoma Church, Toronto, the first parish in Canada.
We have planned a day filled with prayer, community engagement, and reflection on our journey thus far.
We extend a warm invitation to all our Parishioners and guests to attend this special Holy Communion service.
We also extend a special invitation to all the senior members who pioneered our historic beginnings in 1972.
We have arranged 2 buses that will start from our church premises at 8:45 am. The bus fare is $20 per person. There are few more seats available.
We encourage all of you to join the service along with your families and be apart of this blessed occasion. Complimentary bus transportation will be provided from our church premises for senior members who were part of the Mar Thoma community in 1972.
Those who plan to travel in the bus are requested to book your seats by TODAY by sending a text/WhatsApp at 647-225-8205 or email to email@example.com.
You can also give your names to me in-person, today after the service.
Our Parish convention is scheduled from Thursday, September 21st to Saturday, September 23rd at our church, starting at 7:30 pm each day.
On Sunday, September 24th, our Parish Day Celebrations will be held at our church. Special guests will be invited during our Parish Day celebrations. During the parish Day Celebrations, we will also be honoring the seniors’ who were members of the Mar Thoma Community back since 1972.
3. Harvest Festival Announcement
This Years Parish Harvest Festival will begin soon after the service with the auction of the special blessed vegetable basket.
All members and guests are requested to stay back and actively participate in the Auctions and bake sale that follows.
You can also generously contribute in the form of cash, cheques, or e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include "Harvest Festival" in the Memo.
Tax receipts for Harvest Festival will be issued only for cash donations/cheques/e-transfers.
In recognition of your support, the parish is awarding Ever Rolling Trophies to the Highest Cash Donor, Highest Bidder, and the Best Participating Area Prayer Group.
Please participate generously in the Auctions and food sale and other activities planned as part of Harvest Festival.
If you or your children are interested to do a performance during the Harvest Festival, please reach out to me or to any volunteers of Harvest Festival available in the foyer after the service.
There are food counters that are selling limited quantities of Pothichor and Ellum Kappayum and home made snack packs, all prepared by our church members, for a reasonable price.
A Tattukada serving Tattu Dosa and Omlet is another highlight of this Years Harvest Festival.
There are face painting and games counters for kids.
There will be raffle draws at the end of the Harvest Festival. Tickets are sold at $5. Please purchase as many raffle coupons and double your chances for winning the great prizes.
4. Seniors Fellowship Onam will be celebrated on Sept.14th Thursday 10:30 am at our church. If you are attending this event, please register your names with Mariamma Edichandy, Seniors Fellowship Secretary at 416 454 6077 in order to make necessary arrangements for lunch.
5. Yuvajana Sakhyam Announcements
A two-day convention is organized by the Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam Diocese of North America and Europe and is scheduled for September 9th and September 10th. The convention will commence at 7:30 pm EST via Zoom. Rev. Shaji Thomas Chathannoor, Vicar of St. Paul's Horeb Mar Thoma Church Puthuppally, Kottayam, will be the convention speaker.
2. Notice from YS Diocese
Respected Achen and YS members,
Yuvadhara is a publication of Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam of the Diocese of North America and Europe. It has become an effective medium to communicate the message of the ministry of Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam in the Northern Hemisphere. We are currently seeking engaging and insightful articles for our upcoming Christmas edition.
The theme for this edition of Yuvadhara will be “Christmas: The Gospel of Humanity - ??????????? : ??????????? ????????”. The deadline for submitting the articles is September 30, 2023. The Editorial Board will have the full right to accept or deny the articles with the privilege to edit them if necessary.
Articles and compliments should be sent to the Chief Editor for this Edition, Mr. Jinesh Ninan at email@example.com.
6. Sevika Sanghom Announcement
Joint Sevika Sanghom retreat to be held at St. Matthews Marthoma Church, Milton
on Saturday September 23rd,2023. from 9.00AM -1.00PM.
Theme for the retreat: “Woman: the masterpiece of God”
The keynote speaker: Rev. Reji Issac (Assistant Vicar, St. Mathew’s MTC, Toronto)
Those who need transportation please contact Latha @ 647-680-9275.
We are looking for volunteers for carpooling. Google forms are posted in WhatsApp and in email. If you need a hardcopy please contact your Sevika Sanghom area representatives or office bearers.
From Binamma Mathew, Sevika Sanghom Secretary.
7. Edavaka Mission Announcement
Edavaka Mission Day falls on Sunday, October 1st and Edavaka Mission members will assist in the Holy Communion Service that day. Special Edavaka Mission envelopes will be distributed on September 17 and September 24 and members 18 years and above are expected and encouraged to register, to validate and renew their Edavaka Mission membership for the upcoming year. The registration fee is set at $5 per member. Please help us build up a strong faithful witnessing group of believers to evangelize to the community we belong and neighbourhood we live in.
From Sunitha Alexander, Edavaka Mission Secretary.
8. Sunday School Announcement
Dear Parents & Students,
1. We wouldn't be having Sunday School classes on September 17th and 24th. Classes will now resume on 1st October.
2. Those who have not yet registered for the Sunday school , please register as we need to purchase the books.
Registration fee is $20 to be handed over to the class teacher.
From Praveen Thomas, Sunday School Representative.
9. AREA PRAYER MEETING
1. An Area -3 prayer meeting will be held at the residence of Mr.Jacob Samuel (Ammanan and Susan) TODAY at 4.00 PM.
All Area-3 prayer group members are requested to attend this prayer meeting.
From Baiju Thomas, Area 3 Representative.
2. An Area-6 Prayer Meeting will be held at the residence of Mr.Shinu C. Jacob (Shinu &
Simi) on Sunday, September 17th @ 4:30pm.
Please attend the meeting prayerfully. From Santhosh Varghese, Area 6 Representative.
10. Fasting Prayer will be held on Wednesday, September 13th at 10:30 am via Google Meet.
11. Edavaka Mission Prayer Meeting
The Edavaka Mission's weekly Friday prayer meeting will be held online via Google Meet on September 15th at 8 pm.
12. When you are submitting offertory envelopes, please ensure your family number is written or the head of the family name is mentioned on the envelope for easier accounting purposes.If you are writing your children’s names,please also write the Parents names as well.
13. Thanks to former Vicar Rev.Iype Joseph for delivering the Sermon and to all members who provided assistance in Today’s service.